CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Magnet Boards

Here is the magnet board we made for Ashlin's friend for her birthday. She seemed to really like it.


Here is the magnet board we made for Ashlin a while back. We just got magnets for it, so she hasn't yet hung stuff on it. She would every so often tell me we needed to get her some magnets for it and a picture of me to hang on it. Isn't that sweet that she wants to hange a picture of her mom? She is really sweet.


This is a picture of a huge "A" we ended up picking up for her for her room. It was brown and meant to be crafted, so we went ahead and mod podged it too.



This a picture of her on her bed with her crafts. We have plenty more to do to her room, but I am waiting for the right idea to come around and really the time too.

7 comments:

Molly W. said...

How cute/clever are you?! Darling.

Tara Rickards said...

I love it! That is so cute! You'll have to email me and tell me how you made that!

Julie said...

Is that just modpodge and paper? I'm so non-crafty. They're all so cute! I need to learn how to do that, too!

anna said...

wow! those are so cute! ashlyn looks proud of her adorable room.

Alisa said...

yep modpodge and scrapbook paper. I'm not real crafty either- we don't do this stuff all too often. It is easy though!

Kjrsten said...

ha! wouldn't you know it... we are making these for a RS activity in sept! Yours is way cuter though, any tips for me?

Alisa said...

Kjrst that is funny! This is how these got their start. I headed this class at our RS Freaky Friday (we did ours on the last Friday the 13th instead of a Super Saturday). The good news is I more or less had no idea what to do and just winged it and it turned out. You figure it out pretty easily as you go. The one tip that I learned though is about placing the paper. On Ashlin's we did hers in ripped stripes on the diagonal and it looked good, but then we learned that it is maybe even cuter to just tear and piece all over randomly. The top picture (Madi's)is an example of that style, then you can see below where we did Ashlin's on the diagonal. We also used about 5 different pieces of 12x12 scrapbook and that seemed to give a good variety to the project.