CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

And thats Utah for you

I am a pretty lazy blogger but today I knew I had to post when I woke up and looked outside I was so shocked, it was snowing! Now yes I know I live in Utah and yes I know it snows here, but its officially spring and Easter is over. The forecast did say flurries and a drop in temperatures, but the 60's we had all last week and over Easter weekend gave me a false sense of security that the snow was done with. The temperatures are high enough that it won't stick on the streets, but it is sticking on my newly blossomed daffodils and on my starting to green up grass. One thing you can say is that the weather here is not predictable or boring. Arizona had great weather all winter and freakin' hot weather all summer, but you pretty much knew what you were going to get. The truth is if it fluctuated between 105 to 115 it didn't really matter that much it was still hot and sunny. I never watched the weather there, unless the seasons were changing and I was hoping for the temps to drop, oh around Halloween or Thanksgiving. I watch the weather here pretty religiously. When I saw the snow outside I had to
take some pictures and pause in my laziness to blog about it.

Here are my daffodils and sprouting tulips with snow all over them
A shot of it all from the front of the house


The kids begged me to get out Easter decorations which I have very little of. Ashlin and Alex took their baskets and started putting them on their heads. Then Sam caught on. His basket is tiny and makes it look like a monkey in a marching band. Don't worry that was the last minute basket I could find for him last year, but this year he has a bigger one. It was perfect last year for a one year old though. I especially like the way the tag is still on and falls in front of his face.

I think the brand is Crayola- they came out with a new kind of sidewalk art using paint instead of chalk. It washes off and out of clothes too. The kids got a set to share for an Easter present. They loved it. Alex has a goal to pain the entire driveway in. Because of this we went through the full 2 bottles within an hour. That was Sunday. Well on Monday Sam couldn't stop asking for more paint. He remembered it out of the blue. So Sam and I had to go back to the store to buy more- each bottle is just under $2. Worth it to me because the kids have so much fun with it. As you can see the snow is going to help clean the driveway. It looks like Alex is going to have to start over again and I will be needing to buy A LOT more paint:).

7 comments:

Jenna Wood said...

Alisa, How did it snow where you live and not where I live??? Weird.

Can I just say, I LOVE the basket on the head pictures. You could talk to some of my college roommates about that...funny!

Jenna Wood said...

PS I think we should go to lunch! Check your email and call me. :)

Erin said...

Wow, snow! So crazy! I know what you mean about watching weather and not watching it in places like AZ and now for me TX. Lately I don't watch it, it has been kind of weird. Cold days followed by hot ones, vice versa. Now we're having nice weather, I need to enjoy it before we get the heat! That paint chalk is cool and I know my kids would love it too!

Julie said...

Alisa, you take such cute pictures of your kids. And I love the pics of the flowers with snow on them. As you've found out, snow in spring is not uncommon here; Trevor says it often snows on his birthday (April 28)! Luckily, it doesn't stick around too long. But I'm ready for some warm weather really badly, so pray for us! We need to get together soon, too, don't we?! We'll talk.

Laurie said...

We got snow here too. It was so wierd! Your house is beautiful!!!! Did you say you added the second floor? I want to add on and if my house could look like that when it was finished, I'd be in heaven. Love it!

Alisa said...

Lori- no we didn't add on a 2nd level. I am sure that is possible but quite the undertaking. I habve some friends who are interested in doing that eventually. I think it would be really cool to see happen. I wonder you would have to move out to do it.
We just added on to the end of the house we did add on all 3 levels though. IT was quite the undertaking, but very interesting and educational. I love the way it all turned out too. It is pretty crappy while you are going through it, but well worth it when its all said and done.

Oh and I just figured out what state you live in from something you said. I didn't know I thought you were out here with me. I guess it affected the whole region-but maybe not it missed Jenna. I can't wait for it to be jut 10 degrees warmer and to stay like that!

anna said...

your flower beds look sooo sad. i'm sorry!! we had some of that here too. VERY crazy! the kids look like they had so much fun with the baskets on their heads! sammy's smile made me laugh--he's too cute!