CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Ironic birdhouse


This is an ironic picture. Let me tell you the story. This bird had been trying to build a nest on this light/gutter for weeks. We felt bad though because it would get windy and we kept finding the beginnings of the nest had blown on the ground. Unrelated to this, Alex had been wanting to build a birdhouse (he loves nature) and so Ed set up one family night (pictures below) where he cut out and helped the kids each assemble their own birdhouse. They decided to help the bird out with the nest problem by hanging one of the birdhouses there for it, but as you can see the bird ignored the house and finally succeeded in building its own nest. I just think it is so funny to see a bird sitting up there with a perfectly good and vacant home below. But this news just in-- we saw a bird sitting on the peg and looking into the house through the hole. We think we may have a contract, but he is still thinking about it as there is some very prime real estate available to birds in this neighborhood. It might be too cramped having a neighbor so close- I mean these places are built right on top of each other- where's the privacy?






5 comments:

Erin said...

So I hope you are getting some rent from the birds! That is funny, the one on top of the gutter with the house below. Birds kept buiding a nest in my wreath on my front door and I had to keep taking it out, sorry but I didn't want that in there. Don't tell Alex, he'll be sad.

Alisa said...

The front door is agreeably not a good spot- I agree that one had to go. Next time just tell us, we'll build you a birdhouse to hang from it -- ha ha

Laurie said...

Funny! I hope you get some new neighbors. That will be fun for your kids to watch. Cute pictures. You're kids are so cute!

Julie said...

Love the pic. I need so peace and quiet. Maybe I can negotiate a deal on rent. hee hee

Tara Rickards said...

That is a great picture of the bird with the bird house just below. There has to be some place you could send that picture. You always see pictures like that in magazines or a funny clip on the news. So ironic. (The pictures of the kids are cute too!)