CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 4, 2008

Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn

I was starving today when I got home from errands. That is always how my day goes, I've got to start packing healthy snacks. I wasn't even gone very long. So I ate and apple and when that didn't touch it (the hunger) and I was about to start eating things I knew I had better not, I remembered this recipe- if you can call it that, for popcorn that was low-cal. It is SO easy. To me it has a similar idea to kettle corn in that it is lightly sweet and also addicting. It really hit the spot.

So what you do:

Air pop 1/2 cup of popcorn - it will make a nice sized bowful.

Then spray it with pam and toss it to get the pam to coat evenly (this makes the cinnamon sugar stick)

Then sprinkle on cinnamon sugar (whatever ratio you like) but only about 1-2 Tablespoons to control the calories.

I also sprinkled a very little bit of salt to give it the kettle corn, sweet and salty flavor. But really you don't need much salt at all if you choose to do that, like one or two shakes.

Nutrition info: I didn't divide it into servings because I almost ate the whole thing but also because it is easier to figure out that way. So the popcorn alone has 345 calories and 1 tbl of sugar has 50 calories. I used only 1 tbl of sugar, so the whole bowl wass just under 400 calories.

This was good to fend of my sweet tooth. I hope you like it-- I obviously did. I don't know about my family because the kids were at school when I made and ate it. And like I said there wasn't much left after I got done with it. Alex ate the other bowl- the one with just salt and pam on it, I made that incase I didn't like the cinnamon one. If you are scared you will eat the whole thing like I did, then just make half-- I know I will next time.

6 comments:

Julie said...

That sounds good! That's one way we haven't tried popcorn. We've tried it just about any other way you can think of, it seems.

I can't try it today because I have a Relief Society dinner tonight and I don't know what we're having so I'm gonna have to save some calories just in case. The dinner's not until 7:00--I hate that! I'll probably want to eat before I go because I'll be so hungry. Oh well.

Unknown said...

I hate that "dinners" or other food-related activities always start AFTER dinner!

I've taken matters into my own hands in our ward ~ in Correlation Meetings or Activities Committee Meetings I'm always pushing for earlier start times. As a regular attender (most people in our ward aren't) I claim that privilege and no one can really argue with me. Hehe.

Good luck tonight.

Alisa said...

I agree 7 is way to late to get together for dinner. Most of my wards have always scheduled dinners 30 mins to an hour early. When I was on enrichment it was always at 7pm unless we were having dinner it was 6:30pm. It is a hard balance between husbands, or women themselves getting home from work and having dinner to late. I start to get hungry so early! Erin made it tonight she told me and her and the boys chowed it while we were on the phone- by the end of the conversation it was gone.

Kim said...

Thanks for sharing the popcorn recipe. I always keep popcorn on hand for when I get the munchies. This'll hit the spot when I have a sweet craving!

Erin said...

Yummy! I need to make more!

anna said...

oh, that is awesome! i am gonna do that tonight!!!