CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 3, 2008

How to lose 3 pounds in one day...

Weak stomach? Read with caution...

It all began with an insatiable appetite late Thursday afternoon. I got home and was ravenous and did not stop being hungry for more and kept eating until 8pm. (Sound pretty good so far huh?) I started to notice troubles as I put the kids to bed that worsened as the night continued. A lot of gastro-intestinal upset. I went to bed and as I laid there I said to Ed that it was weird that I was feeling dizzy and that it wasn't the first time that night. When I closed my eyes I felt like I was still moving.

I fell asleep to wake up to increased discomfort. My body felt bad and I couldn't get comfortable. I gave up and went downstairs and turned on the TV. It was 3am and almost all the channels were off air, but there was a great episode of "Christine's Court" (who the heck has heard of that?) I watched it anyway. I kept getting worse and not knowing what to do with myself went upstairs at which time I new it was going to happen. Yep, to the toilet and threw up--there was nothing left. It was horrible. I admit the thought did come to me that my voracious appetite of early that night had been forgiven. I even thought that I had gained my place back in the running for the throwdown competition! I felt a little better and the indigestion left, but I was still very aware of my aching body. I went down stairs wanting to feel horrible alone, with nobody to bother. I slept on the love seat-scrunched up. I should have chosen the couch.

The next day I continued to feel really bad. If I got up it became much worse. I was nauseous and laid in bed all day falling in and out of sleep while I watched TV and sipped water and a can of lime soda. I can tell you how happy it made me to have my husband tell me he took the day off of work and he was handling everything! I honestly can't remember the last time I just got to be sick and heal. Usually I have to get up anyway. Somtimes Ed couldn't take the day off, or I had a newborn that needed to feed or Ed was out of town or whatever. It was heaven for a sick person. He was awesome and got me things I needed and checked on me. Too bad we had to cancel a babysitter for that night, we were actually going to get out!

I started to improve a little by that night and by the next morning after a great nights sleep I felt tons better. Still had that day after feeling like you got beat up, but it sure beat the way I felt the day before. I got on the scale in the morning before eating and the results were crazier than I thought. Down 3 entire pounds in 24 hrs! I couldn't wait to call my "throwdown competition" sister Erin, who knew from when she called the day before that I was sick. I had to rub it in. We both knew it wouldn't last, but it was still really pretty cool. Of course most of it was water weight. After weighing today I know that some is already back on. Not all, so let me see if I can run with this and turn some lemons into good ol' lemonade! Of course when your body has spent the last few days with very little food and had to fight a virus it can make you hungry. I am going to have to be on my best behavior to not destroy the one good thing that came from this crappy weekened.

So it isn't really a useful method in the end. However if you are unlucky enough to get hit with stomach flu this season, just think of how skinny you will get. Believe me that is the ONLY thing that you could possibly enjoy from it.

9 comments:

Rebecca Parker said...

so glad you're feeling better! How sweet of Ed to stay home so you didn't have to pretend it was a normal day...that's the worst part of being sick as a mom! hope your kids don't catch it either-ugh! on a lighter note, chris wanted to know why you post as liza?

Unknown said...

I have only thrown up like 3 times in my life that I can remember. Once when I was 10; once when I was pregnant with Kelsey and Brady made pizza in the am after I had only OJ for breakfast; and once when I was sick quite a few years ago. That's it.

Needless to say, when I'm sick I DON'T lose weight. My sister and I always talk about how weird it is that people lose their appetites. I guess I just have a stomach of steel or something.

So, congrats on the sick loss! I'll post my results this week if Shelley lets me have 5 more minutes on the computer.

Erin said...

Well, let me tell you how to gain 3pounds in 2 days b/c I managed to do that!!! Nice huh? I know it can't all be REAL weight gain, but none the less disappointing! I will not post my weight here but you will HEAR about it believe me. Oh and here's how you do it, go to a Superbowl party and eat chips and dip and pizza!!! Oh and have munchies for 3 days straight, it helps oh so much!

Julie said...

Good thing it was only a 24-hour (or so) flu or you'd have won the competition. Good thing we have the maintenance clause...

But I'm glad you're feeling better, too, and hope the sick loss stays! Let us know!

Kim said...

We've had the same bug the last week or so. It sucks - except for the little kick in the pants toward weight loss. Hope it sticks! Feel better!

Jenna Wood said...

The only time I lost weight over Christmas was when I had the flu. The real bonafide, stay-in-bed-for-two-weeks, flu. The first day I felt better was Christmas, but I had to go easy and most of the "junk" that I usually enjoy, just didn't look good.

The weight loss was awesome, but I never want to get the flu again.

Alisa said...

Becky the reason I go by Liza is that when I first signed up with blogger it was just to leave comments on Erin's (my sis)blog. She was really the only person I knew who blogged and she knows who Liza is. She better she made it up. Somehow she and my husband developed that nickname for me years ago and they both still call me by it fairly often. I wasn't too big on it at first (maybe its because Erin sometimes paired it with Manelli, but if you can't beat 'em... I didn't realize back when I first used it on blogger how Liza would cause confusion to everyone else who knows me, or that I would ever have a blog of my own on blogger. Also I figured maybe it was safer- anyone who wants to can access my blog. Becky Sue has a bunch of people she doesn't know reading her blog (nice, good ones though). The chance may be small but if some weirdo got on and knew just my first and last name and had some indication of my state, he could probably find me. So there you have it.

Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anna said...

hee hee! very funny! okay, not funny but the way you put it out there makes it sounds like a joke. at first i thought you were going to say you were prego! ha!