CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 11, 2008

Not a recipe

It has been a while since I have posted a "real" entry, not a recipe. I write entries in my head all the time, but then forget them later and never post them. Well this morning my entry was all about how my pants are fitting so well!


I have really only lost about 5 pounds and because it isn't ALL that much I wasn't very excited about trying on old clothes- I was afraid that they wouldn't really fit much better. Still, I feel better and looking in the mirror, can tell just a bit that I am looking better. A friend told me the other day that I look better. Well I thought she was just saying that because she is really nice. She knows I am working on my weight and she too is doing Weight Watchers. She worked hard to convince me that she really could tell- I still don't know. For the almost 2 years that I have known her (since I moved here) she and I have talked about losing whatever stupid pounds we have in mind. We run together, we ran a half marathon together. We have had a lot of good talks on our runs, but the overriding conversation is losing weight, during which time neither of us were really having any results. So at the same time that I started to get serious and decided I would make a concerted effort to get the weight off once and for all, she coincidentally had started Weight Watchers with the same determination. She's funny and tells me about how her husband gets grossed out because she weighs herself before and after pooping and she will be down like a whole pound. So you are getting the point of what a nut she is. She served a mission in Paraguay and has worked a lot in politics before becoming a mom and has some really silly stories-- many about poop.

So that was a nice tangent. Back to how my clothes fit. Today I was getting dressed and most of my pants choices weren't right for the shirt I had on. Then I spotted a pair of pants that I haven't worn in months because it was just one more pound at a time that caused them to not fit right or comfortably. I nervously pulled them out and slipped them on. Then came buttoning the button, the one that last time I had tried it, I was afraid it would come off from being pulled so hard. It buttoned pretty nicely, I would have no problem with it being looser, but I would qualify it as "fitting". So then came checking out the butt, I've seen better, but definitely passable! The legs, no problems there, they looked great. So there you have it, only 5 pounds and I am regaining some of my wardrobe. I'm not there yet, I want to say goodbye to another 5-15 pounds, I'll just have to see where I need to be to take full advantage of my wardrobe and also to make sure that I look OK in a swimsuit. I'm not asking to look like a model, just like a mom who is trying to take care of herself with some level of success.

I was talking to my sister Erin today, we were discussing the new exciting development of being able to wear these pants and other weight loss things. We both have found that one place we are thinning down to our chagrin is our chest. C'mon of all the places to keep and lose weight on my body why does it have to leave there first and leave my butt, thighs and belly last! She and I have both started weight training and this includes exercises which increase muscle in the chest, but seems to effectively be shrinking that area. Whats a girl to do? Maybe we ought to work out every other area and leave the chest flabby! We are just hoping that it stops soon so that we don't look like the chick on the front of Runners World Magazine, Paula Radcliffe. Don't get me wrong she is totally amazing. She ran the NY city marathon 10 months after giving birth and she won. She ran and trained throughout her entire pregnancy. She did slow it down from 5:30 min. miles to 6:30 min. miles and found it very REALAXING! She ran through the WHOLE THING.
She said this same guy would always see her out running and say "should you be doing that?" I mean she was obviously booking it, big ol' belly and all. She was even 10 days overdue. She's amazing!, but I don't want my chest looking like hers.
So there you have it no recipe today, just a bunch of blabbering about weight loss.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Funny Alisa! Yeah, my chest is shrinking--great. It's nice to have pants "fit" again even if you'd like them to be looser, it feels good to know what you are doing is working. I hope you can lose all the weight you want to...and that I can too. I was down about a pound this morning after having a terrible week last week--hurray!!!

Unknown said...

I second that. I love walking into my closet with confidence, not fear!

Keep it up!

Julie said...

Imagine finding a 6:30 mile relaxing. That is incredible to me!

Fitting into pants that you haven't been able to wear for a long time is like getting NEW pants, isn't it? It's great! That deserves a congratulations!

Mandy said...

Sorry to make you do this, but I got tagged and so I have to tag 4 more people and I PICKED YOU!! So go to my blog (www.dicksoncrew.blogspot.com)and get the questions and then at the end, you have to tag 4 people. Have fun!

Mandy

Laurie said...

Congratulations on 5 pounds!!!! I think that is great! And it's fun to have a close friend that you can workout with and share successes and challenges. Very cool! I love rambling posts because that's when I learn alot about what's really going on in peoples heads. Besides, most of my posts are rambling so obviously that's something my brain can handle.