CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 14, 2008

Bladdy Blooh Blah Blah

Bladdy Blooh Blah Blah
Bladdy Blooh Blah Blah means I am just blabbering. I learned that great saying from Micheal on The Office. I miss The Office.
Last night I watched Biggest Loser (because Erin got me hooked) okay and some of those people lost like 50% of their body weight! So I don't expect that, but why not like 5%, I would settle for 1% that would be more than a pound-- but I won't tell you how much more! Anyone watching? Gotta watch something during this stinkin' writers strike!
I have been neglectful of my blog because we have been spending everday all day getting our living room ready for Christmas. Today Ed put 4 coats of polyurethane down on the wood floor and that completes our work on it. Soon we can move everything in (when the poly cures). I went to way to many stores with all my kids today looking for furniture for it. To bad the couch that I specially designed and dreamed up cost $2000-- thats not happening. I think we have figured out what we are going to do. The colors will be red, green, brown - and will involve toile. I found some awesome fabric at a new favorite store called Calico Corners. They however are the ones that quoted me the $2000 on the couch. To some people $2000 is a perfectly okay amount to spend on a couch. To some $4000 or more is fine. To my husband $1000 is ridiculous and $500 is perfectly fine, but less is even better. He fully expects me to furnish my entire house through RC Willey scratch n' dent. And really I have done quite a good job of that, but there comes a time in everybody's life where the scratch n' dent doesn't meet their needs. That is where we have found ourselves. So I think we have found a good alternative to the $2000 couch. It will be purchased as a special order through RC Willey and will take a couple months. I looked through their store and nothing was right, they had some okay sofas that the fabric was wrong. I looked through the special order fabrics and think I found something that will work. It is a velvet like fabric, in a chocolate color that has a diamond pattern cut in it. To special order wasn't anymore expensive either. I will use this awesome red toile with tan and brown for pillow and maybe curtains and stuff.
Oh one other thing I am really excited about is that Ed and I got to go out just the two of us this week for like 4 hours! We need to get out more I admit, maybe if we stopped working on the house for a second that could happen. This week was a swap with my friend down the street. So we went to Lowe's to return the wood floor sanders and looked at the kitchens there to see what we want to do in ours-- the next project. We went to look at furniture and we went to lunch. The most exciting part of the day was lunch, almost always is, to someone who enjoys food as much as myself. We went to a place called Citrus Grill- if you ever get out here I highly recommend it. The food is kind of trendy and eclectic and SO delicious. I got a roasted veggie sandwich that was out of this world. For the appetizer we got something called black and white hummus (we love hummus) and it was amazing. The black hummus was made of black beans mushed with cilantro and lime and probably garlic and cumin or something-- I am not exactly sure but it was GOOD. The white hummus was white beans with rosemary and pinenuts. It was good but lacked some of the depth of flavor the black had. They were served with chips and this amazing foccacia type bread. I am going to try to make the black bean one for a family Christmas get together we are having. It is a tradition that started last year to get together and eat appetizer type foods all night long (I love appetizers- who doesn't) and have the kids exchange very inexpensive dollar store type gifts. I am looking forward to it. Maybe this is where my inability to lose 1% of my body weight comes in!
K I am feeling the need to get some pictures up here again. The problem is.... haven't taken any lately. I want to put my finished living room up but am afraid that is so boring. See to me it is huge, we have put so much of everything we have into it that it is like a huge accomplishment. I need to post more family pics too, so surely after Christmas is over there will be some blog-o-rama's going on!!!
I tried to post my celebrity haircuts I wrote about earlier but couldn't get it work-- might try again. Did anyone else try it ever?
I haven't had a cold in long time and I keep thinking about it kind of like you do when you know you are about to get your period. You know it is about to happen because it always does and every day your thinking "is this the day," then the next day- "or is this the day?" I have gotten away with not having a cold for so long you would definitely be picking up a pregnancy test by now if it were your period. I hope I didn't jinks myself! I need to go to bed. Not only because I am tired but when i am this tired I get slap happy and start to write crap like I just did!

0 comments: