CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

Praise to the Man!

I learned this morning of the passing of our Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley from Kariann's journal. It came as a shock, even though I had wondered at every conference for the past couple years, if this talk could be his farwell. He was 97 years old and his health, while absolutely amazing for his age, was deteriorating. He had lost his wife a few years ago as well and publicly shared his deep love for her and admitted that getting along without her would be difficult.

When ordinary people die they are often glorified and their faults forgotten. President Hinckley is truly extraordinary. He deserves to be glorified. His faults which were never apparent, must have been few and needn't be forgotten when they can't be remembered. He was truly a great man who touched the lives of innumerable people. As I read the comments left for him on DeseretNews, my heart was further touched at the outpouring of love, praise, mourning and devotion for him from people of all faiths. His service was done with great energy, spirit, wisdom and cheer. The impact of his life was great his impact will be eternal. I wish only I could witness his work continue as it did here on earth, in the heavens with renewed energy, ailed no longer by his aging body. My heart is filled with emotion both of joy and sorrow for a life greatly lived and for a man who will be greatly missed.

6 comments:

Julie said...

I called you last night when we found out but got your machine and that's not the kind of thing I wanted to leave a message about. But I'm glad you found out from KariAnn.

Julie said...

We got a phone call from a friend and immediately turned on the TV. channel 2 does their 9:00 news on channel 14 and spent the whole hour talking about him. They said they pre-empted a movie to do it and kept saying to stop calling because he was a great man and he deserved this time so that's just the way it's gonna be tonight. I liked that!

Your words were also touching. (I saw your post when only one paragraph was published--I don't know it did that) You brought tears to my eyes!

The Price's Wife said...

Me too.

Alisa said...

Thanks gals, they were flowing as I wrote.

Unknown said...

What a privilege to be on the earth with such a wonderful prophet...

...and what a privilege to be here with you, too.

Alisa said...

Same to you Kariann, but that was one of the nicest things I have ever heard- so thank you.