CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow, snow and more snow.

I have been meaning to post these pictures of the last snow for a week. This is how our Martin Luther King day, with no school turned out. We got this huge snowfall. This was the most we have had since we've lived here, but its only our second winter. I have lived here before for school and we did have a snowfall or two like this, but not often. It was still around with very little melting despite a warm 37 on Saturday! Then today another whopper. The winds combined with the heavy snow were bad, resulting in a short aiport closure (not too common here) a lot of closed roads and at least one fatal accident. We are expected to get more tonight and tomorrow in the day. Ashlin left to school in snowboots and I thought, "She probably doesn't need to wear those, all the walk areas are clear," but we were in a hurry and it never hurts to wear them, just in case. I was glad when she had to trudge her way home in the snow from the bus. If you are thinking how bad I am for not picking her up-- I thought about it, but getting the car around in the unplowed snow is really tough, then hard again to get it up our steep driveway!


Ed out shoveling the snow with Ashlin playing in it. She loved it.

Can you see how deep the snow is?
Always eager to get suited up not wanting miss out on a single thing. I love him when he gets in his snowgear, it makes me want to bite him even more...Mini snowboots, mini gloves, mini hats and coats in a big puffy ball, need I say more?

So I have a newly aquired love for tulips and daffodils. When I was growing up my parents always wanted to go to fields of tulips and stuff. I thought it was kind of cool to see but wasn't my idea of an awesome outing. Tulips and daffodils come up in early spring, peaking through the last bits of snow. The tempuratures outside become perfect and the world is beautiful. These flowers look amazing and you driving around town and most houses has them cheerfully annoucing spring has arrived. Fall use to always be my favorite time here, but now Spring is giving tough competition. Below are pictures of what I am dreaming of and looking forward to is the snow keeps falling and falling and falling. Don't get me wrong I don't hate it, but I look forward to spring like a child does Christmas.

We had more daffodils than this last year and we didn't get a picture taken of any. We only got this picture because it was so cute of Alex and his cousin Adam out sitting so cutely together.

Whats better chubby babies in puffy wintergear, or chubby babies in a pool wearing nothing but a diaper?Toss up.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Wow that is a lot of snow! And I have always loved the tulips, I guess I liked going when we went with mom and dad. They are my favorite flower. Cute pics of Sam, I love the "mini" stuff too.

anna said...

okay, nothing is better than that SHOT of the chubby baby! makes me wanna munch his thighs!!