CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Numbers

Here are some numbers:

5pm: The time that Alex's friend called to have him come over and play webkinz.

5:17: The time we left to his friends house

25: The tempurature it was outside when we left

5:20: The time we arrived at his friends house

7: The number of times I had to ask Alex to get his shoes on so we could leave his friends house.

6:30 The time we left Alex's friends house (we all went in while I looked at the newly finished basement and talked to the Mom)

22: The tempurature outside when we left.

6:37 The time we arrived at Carls Jr., which I had promised (Dad still out of town).

$11.40: The amount I paid for dinner for all us! A good deal for something my kids love to do--- play on the huge play equipment.

7: The number of times I asked the kids to get ready to go home.

0: The number of times I had to ask the kids to come after I told them no webkinz

7:35: The time we finally left Carls Jr.

15: The tempurature it was outside when we got in the car. It was SO COLD! In AZ I couldn't touch the steering wheel on hot days. Well this is the first time I had trouble touching it because it was so COLD!

8:36 The time it was when all the kids were in bed

20: The approx. number of times Sam asked for Dad at bedtime

10:37: The time it was when Ed got home

1: the number of seconds Sam fussed before Ed jumped up to go check on him.

4: tonights forecasted low

1202: The amount of calories I ate today

2: the number of ounces I have been consistently dropping a day

8: the number of days it will take to lose 1 pound at the rate of 2 oz a day

8 comments:

Julie said...

That is such a fun post! First of all, I don't even know what Webkinz is, and I don't think my children do either (I just asked Simon and he answered with an emphatic "NO!.") Second, I didn't know Sam was a daddy's boy!

I loved reading about your evening with the downward progressing temps and the difference in the number of times you had to ask your kids to do certain things with particular motivations (good or bad)! Thanks for posting it!

Jenna Wood said...

I love the number of times you had to ask the kids to come after you said no webkinz. Parenting at it's best!

Unknown said...

Good news! I think you're losing weight faster than you think!

The .2 on your scale is probably 2 tenths of a pound, rather than 2 ounces. At that rate it will only take you 5 days rather than 8 to lose a pound, which is pretty great.

Ta-da!

The Price's Wife said...

You are hilarious! An next time dad is out of town and you head to Carl's Junior with your brood, invite us!

By the way, I have to agree with Kariann, and even if you are only losing a pound a day, that's nothing to sniff at because you really don't have much to lose!

Julie said...

We tried your smoothie "recipe" with the frozen berries and Diet Sprite. My kids loved it and I loved that they were eating raspberries and blueberries! I can never get them to eat those!

Thanks!

Alisa said...

Oh good Julie-- I saw your question just now about the popcorn on Karianns blog and responded. Then I saw this comment and see that you have figured it out. I like to make smoothies but even if you put milk and splenda in that is more of a calorie commitment, so when I wanted one with virtually no calories I came up with that. Glad you like it-- my kids like it too.

Alisa said...

Webkinz-- where do I start. Do I blog it, nah not interesting enough:). My kids learned of it from Rick and Ceecees kids. It is on the computer you own a pet and it has its own room and you can play games or take quizzes to earn money to buy things for the room. At first I thought you could just get and account and play but soon I learned that you have to buy a webkinz which is a stuffed animal(all kinds) sold at various stores (Justice for girls, Sweet and Sassy - Costco had some in a 2 pack and our local AFA Grocery store had some at Chritmas, oh and Amazon). They are about $15 depending on the place selling it. You can get the user name of other friends and play with them each from your own house (Alex's friend didn't get that). It is a very protected environment where not just anyone can play with your kids but only the ones they invite by getting and putting in their user name. It is also fairly educational with the money you earn and spend and quizzes and games. It is the new HOT thing. Alex bought a huge flat screen tv and I think he wants to get a pool next! Ashlin has a nice little room with nightstand bed lamp etc.

Alisa said...

Kariann you are right. My scale is divided in tenths. So .1 is one tenth and if I go down .2 each day that would be 5 days for 1 pound. We'll see what happens.